Monday, July 5, 2010

LIFE-day 1

This will be short as it is actually day 2 while I'm posting and I am trying to wrangle (but not strangle) some guys to bed.

Things started out swimmingly. We had two vans at the rental place when we showed up (unlike JH Winter Camp, when we had to wait over an hour for the second van, or SH camp where they had three vans for us). We got the rentals and got loaded and were on the road by 9:45, which also was advantageous, but one small hiccup: the van I was in had a break light/turn signal out. No worries, I thought, we can get that fixed...

So, on the road, and making great time! A few short breaks. The kids were doing well, very sedate, no issues.

The van I was in (the one with the bad blinker), after about 6 hours of driving was developing a shimmy that was getting worse. Long story made very short: turns out the one tire had a bulge in it (presumably from a weak spot in the tread), so Sean and I changed it. As was pointed out, this was all an answer to prayer. We prayed for safety, and God showed us that the tire was bad before it blew out!

We still got to the hotel around 10pm (despite me missing a turn, or two), and are settled in.

That's it for now! Good night from Louisville.

No comments:

Post a Comment